Wednesday, December 9, 2009

'Fast Moving Clouds' or 'Cloudy Cemeteries'

I went out this morning to feed the dogs, and the clouds were really low and whipping by. I grabbed the camera, tripod, and the 10x ND filter and walked over to the nearby cemetery. I think for the speed of the clouds, 30 seconds was a little long, but with the nd filter and it being morning, I needed the 30 seconds. I should have tried just stopping down to f22 to see what I could get.

Nothing spectacular, but it was fun. These are 30 second shots with the 10 stop neutral density filter. I was too lazy to compose with the filter off, then put it on, so it was pretty much work in the dark (I could see a little), fire, look at the results. (The 10x ND filter is similar to looking through a welding mask.)

The cross shots are in the St Anthony Cemetery in Grayson County Ky that evening. The clouds were still moving fairly fast, but it was getting dark and I did not use the nd filter. These exposure times were from 6 to 10 seconds. These could have used more time.

Note that the evening shots are before the morning shots.

St Anthony Cemetary Peonia Ky






Bowling Green Ky


No comments:

Post a Comment