Saturday, October 31, 2009

Taking Out the Trash!

It's overcast and a lower layer of clouds are moving relatively quickly. I hadn't planned on going out with the camera this morning but I have been wanting to catch some cloud movement. I am trying to do a few long exposures with the 10stop ND filter. I did get a few that illustrate the effect I am going for, but they are not very dramatic. I am posting one of those. Oh well, I'll try again.

Finally, sadly, I got a good view of where our trash goes.  It makes you understand why there is an island of plastic in the Pacific twice the size of Texas.  I don't normally want to take or post this type of picture, but I thought it was relevant. The location is Trammel Creek in Romanza Johnson Park. Click the 'Read More' link below for this entire post including this sad photo.

This was just a scene I saw as I was driving to Trammel Creek.
Barns off of Scottsville Rd, Bowling Green Ky


Trying to catch moving clouds. 30 Second Exposure.
Romanza Johnson Park, Alvaton Ky
Not great, but it's a start.


 We had a lot of rain yesterday and last night, which washed a large amount of plastic and other trash into the river system.

Scroll way down for that trash shot.



Keep scrolling!






Keep going!






Almost there.












Now for your viewing pleasure....


On it's way to the Ocean. We are doing our part!
Trammel Creek, Romanza Johnson Park, Alvaton Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment