Sunday, October 25, 2009

'Fall Happens' or 'Trail Kill'

I thought this might be the best weekend of the year to grab some color around these parts. Went to Shanty Hollow Lake Saturday. Got there around 5:30pm, the sun was going down. Took a few shots, will come back tomorrow. Sunday I went up to Mammoth Cave again. Took quite a few photos - not much worth keeping. I did keep one of a hornet's nest. Bumped into one of the guys in the 'SunnySixteen' BG photography club at the pond. Nice guy.

Decided to get to Shanty Hollow early and go back to the waterfall. No keepers of the waterfall. The mushroom shot is really close to the falls. Busted my rear end on a slick rock - ouch. Luckily, I have some padding back there, no damage to me or the equipment - fall happens. I did also break a small log I was sitting on while setting up the camera, got a little wet, knocked the tripod (and camera) over. The camera landed on a pile of leaves. Klutz. (Lucky Klutz)


Sloan's Pond (Yep, again.) - Mammoth Cave National Park, Ky
This hornet's nest is right on the edge of the pond.




Shanty Hollow Lake - Warren County, Ky (all shots below)
A polarizer filter was used on all Shanty Hollow shots except the mushroom, hence the almost-too-blue sky and water.




He almost became 'boot kill', or would it be 'trail kill'? Anyway, I almost squashed him. He was right there at the waterfall.



The crack is around six to eight feet deep. Maybe next time, my waterfall pictures will make the cut. It was downstream from here a bit that I got wet. My depth of field needs to be deeper, the top of the shot is soft.




The sun is going down.




The sun is down.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! You should send some of these in to the weather channel. I bet you would win their contest!

    ReplyDelete