Thursday, August 6, 2009

'Wet Belly' or 'Stop, Drop, and (almost) Roll'

Got out early to try to catch the sun rising over the lake in the park. The park is closed. Head over to the other side of town to the river. Barely make it in time. Need something to make the shot interesting. Weeds look nice, so I did the fire drill: Stop, Drop, and Roll. Actually no roll, just stop and drop and a little wallowing for position.

Wound up with a wet belly for this, not sure if it was worth it!


Bowling Green Ky - Just across the walking bridge.

The following shots are with the new lens. I had some dissappointing results with it the first time out, so I was glad to get some results.
Sloan's Pond - Mammoth Cave National Park Ky






This had lots of 'not-attractive-stuff', fortunately it was 'croppable'.


The dragonflies are out, and seem surprisingly easy to shoot. Right place, right time I think. These are cropped heavily, as I was not all that close. Interestingly, the dragonfly would take off, buzz around a bit, then land back in the exact spot over and over again. If I did not get him the first time, I just had to wait for the next landing.



'Googly Eyes'



No comments:

Post a Comment