Friday, February 26, 2010

Cumberland Falls

28mm, 10second, f8, iso100, nd1000 filter

Thursday afternoon/night, I had to go to London Ky for work. Stopped by Cumberland Falls before daylight Friday morning. Oh, it was cold. I like to complain about that, among a multitude of other things. More about the cold, my continuously recurring theme, in just a bit.

While I am not excited about about the actual falls shots, I did get some nice orange sunrise light. These are all long-exposure shots.

I have been here long ago, but do not remember much about the area. The lower viewing areas were gated and locked, however I had easy access to the upper levels. The place was deserted; I was the only person there. I stayed as long as I could as I had calls Friday. When I got back out to the parking lot, the sun was bright and the river was nice. My hands were really cold and my equipment was starting to form frost. I had cleaned out my truck on a recent Sunday, when the temperature was near 70. Unfortunately, I erroneously put my winter stuff (gloves, trooper cap, etc), in the house (hell, it is 70 degrees, how can I possibly ever need all this crap again). Anyway, the short story is that my hands were getting stiff. The river was beautiful. I was running late. I fired off a couple of quick shots, and hit the road with the heater blasting.

I will be back – I am a cry baby – and boy was I glad, on this particular morning anyway, that internal combustion engines put out large quantities of wasted heat that can be pumped into the cabin on a cold morning (or, in simpler terms, the heater was nice and toasty).

Did I mention that I was cold?

47mm, 10second, f8, iso100, nd1000 filter

24mm, 6second, f8, iso200, nd1000 filter


No comments:

Post a Comment