Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Day Shots Suck!

Did not get much during the day Saturday, but I managed to salvage a few morning shots by converting them to black and white. I have both the black and white and color versions of one of the shots. These are all on Barren river in Bowling Green. Grabbed some decent night shots Saturday night. Got there a little later than I had planned, wanted more with blue sky. The morning shots are hand held, the evening shots are tripod mounted. (The first two are the morning shots.)

Went back Sunday around 4pm, walked over to the rapids. Two of those are at the bottom of the post.

This location is only 10 minutes from the house, and relatively easy to shoot. I am figuring out what works and what doesn't. Yep, I will probably shoot this area until everyone is sick of it, much like I have with the pond in Mammoth Cave.

The weather was nice all weekend. Sunday night, I had to pull off a sweat shirt and go around in a tee shirt - in November. There was little or no wind.






















The look of the water in the bottom two was by accident. The camera was mounted on a tripod, as low as I could get it. I had the camera strap looped on a tree limb just in case. I was using live view to frame the shots, but I really could not see what was going on. I guess I hear 'angle finder' in the future. The exposure time was 1/4 second on both of these water shots. I was surprised that you can see individual streaks and drops whizzing by. I had one that was 1/3 second and I like the water even better, but the framing was not good. I will be playing around down there, so we'll see. (I'll probably fall in as this is on the rock pile). There is a gob of gunk on the limb from where the water was high, but what are you going to do.

I will be scoping out more moving water to play around with, and or, fall in the creek with. I have played around a bit with moving water, just never hit that 'sweet spot' of 1/4 second before, and did not know you could get those results.

No comments:

Post a Comment