Saturday, February 6, 2021

Paddling with the pelicans!

Took the kayak out on lake barkley to one of the islands that birds seem to favor. It was a lot shallower than I expected. Winter pool is 5ft lower than summer pool, and I couldn't find a way to go around the island without bottoming out. Thought I might see an eagle or two, but I only saw one eagle flying across land as I was driving. 

This trip is not that far of a drive, and the kayaking is easy. I think I will set a goal to get the kayak over here about once per month or so to see what's out here. I am not sure about boat traffic in the summer but from the ramp to the island is fairly shallow, and the channel is on the other side of the island. I may also check out some of the coves. 

Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and I learned a little about pelicans.

No comments:

Post a Comment