Sunday, April 22, 2018

'Irony!' or 'I assumed again!'

Well, well, well, I assumed - again!! This post is more about my mis-adventure than nice photos.

Several years ago, I got the idea that I was going to kayak down or up the Nolin river, pull my kayak up the shallow stream (first creek) to first creek lake, then paddle around the lake.
I did just that Sunday, assuming there would be water in the lake. However, much to my surprise, First Creek Lake had drained!!! The beaver dam that dams the lake had developed a leak (slackers!). The lake was mostly gone!  I did drag the kayak around knee deep mud a little, which is a little like work.

I don't know how many times I have hiked to this lake and I have never seen it like this. Actually, it makes a better story this way, and it was still a fun day. It started to rain just as I finished loading everything up. If the lake had water, I probably would have been paddling back in the rain.

So... Here you go.
Iphone pano of First Creek Lake (mud hole).
Nice day for a mud walk.


My kayak in front of the leaky beaver dam.

Prev location of Green Riv Lock and Dam #6


2 minute exposure

No comments:

Post a Comment