Sunday, January 8, 2017

Bald Eagles!!!

Decided to go up to the dam. It was well below freezing, and thought I would get some ice/frost covered trees from the mist. As I pulled in, five or six big birds flew out. I saw several white heads, and realized that some of them were bald eagles. At least one was a blue heron as he landed down stream. Fortunately, one of the bald eagles landed on a tree limb not so close by, but close enough to at least have evidence. These are cropped really heavily, and edited in photoshop. It was misty/foggy and the contrast level on the originals was not good.

In this area, you occasionally hear of a bald eagle sighting, and this is maybe the third time I have actually seen them in the wild. This is definitely the first time I have seen multiple eagles at once. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment