Saturday, October 16, 2010

Moonbow, Cumberland Falls

5 Minute, ISO400
7:33PM CST
Well.... Some days I go out and shoot all day, then pull them all in, and finally, when I see that all of them are crap... I think I must be photographically challenged. (From the looks of that last sentence, englishly challenged also.)

Then, on rare occasion, I go out and shoot all day and get a few keepers.

A polarizer and ND1000 filter were used on all but the moonbow shots. I went overboard with the polarizer on some (mainly the bridge shots). I cropped most of the sky out of those as it was dark and unevenly polarized. (They say that can happen with a wide angle lens - they seem to know what they are talking about. Whoever 'they' are.)

Moonbow:
I was going to leave just as it was getting dark, but the moonbow was starting to make an appearance, even though the moon was only 1/2 to 3/4 full. It was pretty dark. In person, it (the moonbow), looked more whitish.

Next weekend will be a full moon, but the moon is going to rise several hours later so it may be 11pm or so before the moonbow may be out.



20 Second

6 Second

8 Second

8 Second
This is the same photo as above, converted to B&W.
30 Second

15 Second

30 Second

30 Second

30 Second

30 Second

30 Second

1 comment: