Sunday, August 9, 2009

Frog Gigging

Mammoth cave again. I plan on letting it get dark and try a few star trail shots. I suppose I have never hung around a pond as the sun goes down, but it was interesting. As the sun went down the bats came out in force. Bats galore, but only for about 10 minutes, then they were gone. Then an hour or so later, the full moon started showing over the tree line and the frogs started croaking. Definitely linked to the moon.


Sloan's Pond - Mammoth Cave National Park, Ky


My version of 'Frog Gigging'
Illuminated with an LED flashlight - it took four shots to get a keeper.
I kept on blowing out the frog's underside. Once I didn't blow that out, I white balanced on the frog's underside later in post as the LEDs were not very white.
15 Second Exposure


The Big Dipper - 10 minute exposure

No comments:

Post a Comment